An automated machine safety door is perfect for separating different facility compartments while allowing quick and easy access. You can create a safe working environment by using the door to isolate specific operations and materials. The option to add additional machine guard panels further improves security and makes it harder for any dangerous materials to pass through.
Safety Is Priority Number One
Often, the problem with such doors is they are slow to move. Passing through the portal would take more time, and that will result in less time working on the production processes. However, we take these issues into consideration. The opening and closing speeds of our safety doors are impressive. They make movement easy and save you valuable time. The end goal is to improve production efficiency while offering security.
High Safety Standards
There is an option to use a transparent window for observation purposes. While the main reason for using such doors is to isolate a specific area of a facility, there is no harm in being able to clearly see through the door. OSHA has recommendations on specific windows you can use. Contain hazards such as small debris, dangerous smoke, intense lights, and sparks with ease. There are also different options if you want to change the visual appearances of your safety door.
The sensors are available with different control system options. They can easily detect any interference. The list includes a traveling photo eye which monitors the bottom edge, a fixed photo eye which senses movement while the door is closed, and a fixed 40” light curtain. The hold-down switch will latch the door while closed. The automated machine safety doors have a traveling photo eye which can stop any operations in a moment’s notice.
High Speed Door Automation
- The doors are easy to install. The modular system is mostly ready for work by the time it arrives. It requires little maintenance, no cutting, no drilling, and there are optional steel plates
- They are freestanding. There is no need to lean back on a wall or nearby equipment
- The system is simple. Set up, use, move, and re-use with ease. Time efficient and cost-effective
- The doors are extremely durable. With a 44” per second standard speed, the door can achieve up to two full cycles per minute. It can work for hours and can last for hundreds of thousands of cycles
- Flexibility is key. You have the freedom to adjust the covers and add different accessories
- Safety. The doors are retained in columns. What that means is the chances of someone falling off a closed door are slim. The doors are also OSHA approved
Safety Sensor Options (available with any control system option)
Sensor for detecting interference and supporting door-auto reverse function:
- Traveling Photoeye (bottom edge monitoring)
- Fixed Photo Eye(s) for sensing interference while door traveling closed
- Fixed 40” Light Curtain
Door Hold-Down Switch:
- Latches door in closed-position, controlled by signal from machine
Door Closed Safety Interlock Switch and Safety Relay:
- Helps meet PLe/Cat-4 safety requirements when combined with appropriate logic and conformance to risk assessment
- Optional safety relay shipped loose or integrated into operator control unit
- Safety circuit wiring required during installation
Note: The installer must ensure that the door, its controls, and any safety devices conform to applicable safety standards